Dairy Queen Chicken & Dumplings Copycat Recipe: Enjoy Creamy Chicken & Dumplings Without a Trip to DQ Country by Donna John
Chicken and dumplings at a fast food restaurant? Skeptical doesn't even begin to describe my thoughts as I read this over and over on my foodie and cooking groups.
A foodie friend shared this easy chicken and dumpling recipe that he says is the closest he's made to tasting like what DQ sells. The dumplings are from scratch, but are super simple to prepare. Don't be shy when coating the dumplings with flour as you cut, because this is what thickens the chicken broth creating the taste so many enjoy.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 - 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Using two forks or a pastry blender, cut in the butter. Stir in the milk until a dough forms. Form the dough into a ball.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough out with a rolling pin. Cut into small squares with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Coat the cut dumplings with flour so they don't stick together. (This will also help thicken the broth.)
- Put the broth into a soup pot and bring it to a boil. Drop the dumplings into the broth a few at a time. Cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chicken. Cook about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Blenders $6 & Up
Rolling Pins $7 & Up
Pizza Cutters $5 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.