Creamy Homemade Yogurt Recipe: How to Make Yogurt at Home in an Instant Pot™ by Morgan Mostrom
I got this idea from my mom, who loves yogurt but hated all the plastic waste of buying new containers every week. So a few months ago she learned how to make her own healthy yogurt at home with only a few ingredients and her Instant Pot™. And now you can, too, with this easy homemade yogurt recipe. Add some maple syrup, fresh fruit or granola for an extra tasty snack or breakfast.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 11 hours
- 1/2 gallon organic whole milk (or your preferred type of milk)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt with live cultures
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the milk into the Instant Pot™. Press “yogurt” button and adjust temperature to high. This will boil your milk for about 1 hour.
- When it finishes boiling, take out the inner pot with the milk and cool it to around 116 degrees F. (We live in Chicago so we place ours outside to cool extra quickly!)
- Reinsert the inner pot with the cooled milk into the Instant Pot™ and add the plain yogurt with live cultures (see note below). Mix thoroughly.
- Place lid on Instant Pot™. Press “yogurt” button and adjust time to 8 hours on medium heat.
- After the 8 hours, line a colander with cheesecloth and set the colander into a bowl. Remove the inner pot and pour yogurt into the colander. Place the bowl with the colander and cheesecloth into the refrigerator for around 2 hours to chill the yogurt.
- Remove yogurt once chilled and set aside 2 tablespoons to use as cultures for the next batch. Enjoy the rest of the yogurt!
Note: After your first batch, you can use your own yogurt for the live cultures in future batches.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.