Walk-on's Redfish Rudy Recipe: Louisiana Redfish Recipe With Tuscan Salsa & Elote Street Corn by 30Seconds Food
Redfish has long been a favored fish in Louisiana. For Walk-On’s, adding a redfish entrée to its menu was an easy decision. Redfish Rudy is traditionally blackened served over a bed of Louisiana street corn (Walk-On’s version of an elote street corn, a popular dish in southwest cooking).
Walk-On’s street corn is seasoned with cayenne, blackening spice, cotija cheese, cilantro and lime – the perfect accompaniment to the dish. Its redfish is topped with vine ripened Roma tomatoes, minced garlic, seasonings, fresh chiffonade basil, marinated in aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil. (Try this easy street corn salad, Peruvian street corn and grilled Mexican street corn on the cob.)
The flavors blend amazingly well with the fish. The sweet, spicy flavor of the Louisiana street corn migrates perfectly with the tart, aromatic vinegary salsa that tops the filet. When combined it leaves a memorable experience that guests crave bite after bite. Here's how to make this fish recipe at home!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 redfish fillet
- seafood oil (can substitute your favorite oil)
- blackening seasoning
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 ounce basil
- 64 ounces Roma tomatoes
- seasoned rice or vegetables
Here's how to make it:
- Season both sides of a redfish fillet with blackening seasoning. Lightly dip into the oil to lock the blackening seasoning onto the fish.
- Place the blackened redfish onto a hot (400 degrees F) cast iron skillet with the side closest to the bone facing down. Cook for 3 1/2 minutes – without touching – to allow for a nice sear. Flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145 degrees F is reached.
- Place the Tuscan Salsa in a 7-inch sauté skillet and heat. Slightly drain the Tuscan Salsa and ladle it over the center of the redfish, covering entire fillet. Serve with seasoned rice or green beans and garlic bread.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blackening Seasonings $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $3 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.