Skillet Chicken Pie Recipe With Biscuits: A Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Grandma Would Be Proud Of by 30Seconds Food
Biscuits and chicken pot pie are two things that remind a lot of people of grandma. This skillet chicken pot pie recipe is just what you need on a cold night – and grandma would approve!
The biscuits are made from scratch in minutes and are amazingly tender. You can add more vegetables into the mix if you'd like. Chopped carrots, frozen peas and mushrooms are good choices and can be added when you cook the onion, celery and potato. This chicken pie doesn't need a side dish – just a napkin!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 large russet potato, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof skillet. Add the onion, celery and potato. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, milk and thyme. Stir. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes or until it thickens up. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Add the cooked chicken.
- To make the biscuits, combine the flour, garlic powder, sugar, milk and melted butter in a bowl until a dough forms. Drop mounds of the biscuit dough on top of the chicken filling.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cooked through.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Self-rising Flour $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.