Grandma's Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Biscuits Is Good Old-Fashioned Comfort Food by 30Seconds Food
Biscuits and chicken pot pie are two things that remind a lot of people of Grandma. That's because biscuits and chicken pot pie are good old-fashioned comfort foods that go together like peas and carrots. This skillet chicken pot pie recipe combines biscuits and chicken pot pie into one easy skillet dinner that Grandma would approve of and the whole family will love!
The biscuits are made from scratch in minutes and are amazingly tender. You can add more vegetables into the mix if you'd like. Chopped carrots, frozen peas and mushrooms are good choices and can be added when you cook the onion, celery and potato.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 large russet potato, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- If you aren't a fan of salt or are cutting back on your salt intake, skip it.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof skillet. Add the onion, celery and potato. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, milk and thyme. Stir. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes or until it thickens up. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Add the cooked chicken.
- To make the biscuits, combine the flour, garlic powder, sugar, milk and melted butter in a mixing bowl until a dough forms. Drop mounds of the biscuit dough on top of the chicken filling.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cooked through.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.