Best Cinnamon Vanilla Oatmeal Recipe: This Vanilla Spice Oatmeal Recipe Is the Healthy High-Fiber Breakfast MVP by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
Because high cholesterol runs in my family, I try to eat foods that help lower cholesterol. And, oatmeal (and other high-fiber foods) is at the top of Mayo Clinic's list of cholesterol-reducing foods. (Nuts made the list, too, and they're part of this recipe as well.) But, oatmeal can get boring – unless you get creative.
To keep my oatmeal interesting, I came up with this easy and delicious recipe for cinnamon vanilla oatmeal. It's so tasty, you won't even realize how healthy it is. Even my husband (who probably would prefer a chocolate croissant for breakfast every day) loves it. Hope you enjoy the simple goodness, too. Here's to your heart health!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used gluten-free oats)
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or your choice of milk), if desired
- sliced pecans or walnuts, for garnish
- sliced strawberries (or berries of your choice), for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Add the water and salt to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add in the oats, reduce heat to low and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, raisins and walnuts, if using. Cook for a few minutes, stirring continuously, until oatmeal is done (according to package directions) and all ingredients are blended.
- Serve immediately. Pour milk over oatmeal. Garnish with pecans and berries, if desired. Keeps in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days. If re-heating, add 1/4 cup milk to each serving and warm in microwave.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rolled Oats $2 & Up
Gluten-free Rolled Oats $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Raisins $3 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
Almond Milk $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.