Juicy Cod Recipe With Squash & Spicy Tomato Relish: A Quick & Healthy Fish Recipe by Sarah Amona
Flaky, moist cod fish is served over squash with a fresh, spicy tomato relish. Seriously delish!
This easy cod recipe is not only healthy, but tasty and quick to make. You will love the flavors in this delicious seafood dinner!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 fresh Thai chilies, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and diced (should yield about 4 cups)
- 1 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini, trimmed and sliced (should yield about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce, such as Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- In a medium-sized skillet, sear cod over medium-high heat in oil 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until it begins to flake with gentle pressure.
- Add garlic, Thai chilies, tomatoes, squash and fish sauce to a medium pot. Simmer over medium heat until squash is tender, but not overcooked.
- Place cod fillets on serving dish and top with tomato sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Fish Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.