Crispy Crab Balls Recipe: Serve As an Appetizer or Main Dish by 30Seconds Food
Crispy, crunchy and loaded with moist, sweet crab meat, this crab recipe will quickly become a family favorite. And they're so easy to make! Mix, roll and fry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 6 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 16 minutes
Servings: 10 appetizer or 2 main dish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons flour (can use gluten-free flour)
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lump crab meat, picked through to remove any shells
- 1 cup panko
- oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the onion, celery, garlic powder, Old Bay, mustard powder, flour and egg. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the crab meat.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Put the panko into a shallow bowl.
- Form the mixture into balls, then roll in the panko. Put them into the hot oil and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Note: If making patties, cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Old Bay Seasoning $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Mustard Powder $3 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $3 & Up
Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.