Best Brussels Sprouts Recipe: This Easy Lemon Garlic Herb Brussels Sprouts Recipe Is Tender & Tangy by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
Brussels sprouts are an amazing little vegetable. Not only do these "mini cabbage heads" look as good as they taste, but they also pack a boost of nutrition in each bite. Brussels sprouts are a member of the cruciferous vegetables family, along with broccoli, kale and cauliflower. They're loaded with fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. And, they may help prevent some serious health conditions like certain cancers, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart disease, among other conditions.
As awesome as they are, cooking brussels sprouts always seemed kind of tricky to me. I'd made them once before and they turned out tough and chewy, which made me leery of trying again. But I decided to roast them in olive oil, lemon and herbs, and I'm so glad I did.
This easy roasted brussels sprouts recipe is not only flavorful, but also tender and tangy. It's the best brussels sprouts side dish I've ever had. This recipe is a simple way to enjoy the health benefits of this nutritious green vegetable, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and trimmed (about 25 brussels sprouts)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of a large lemon
- 3 teaspoons of your favorite spice blend (I used B&B Gardens Provisions Go To Blend, which contains kosher salt, black pepper, oregano, granulated garlic, chili flakes and dehydrated chopped onion)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
Here's how you make it:
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and spices. Add the brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a prepared casserole pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $10 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Spice Blends $3 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.