Japanese Corn Rice Recipe: An Easy Rice Recipe Loaded With Corn Flavor by 30Seconds Food
Japanese corn rice is simply sushi rice that's been seasoned with corn, soy sauce and kombu then served with butter or sesame oil. The corn flavor is intensified by using the corn milk and the cob when cooking the rice. Serve this easy rice recipe with chicken, pork or crispy egg rolls for a light dinner.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 cups sushi rice, rinsed well and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 corn on the cob
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 piece dried kombu
- sesame oil or butter, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the kernels off the cob into a bowl. Using a knife, scrape the cob to release the corn milk into the bowl. Do not throw away the cob.
- Drain the rice and put it into a large pot. Add the water, soy sauce and salt, to taste. Stir to combine.
- Put the corn, corn cob, corn milk and dried kombu on top of the rice. Press gently to submerge it in the water. Cover the pot, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook about 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for about 15 more minutes. Remove from the heat and let the rice sit, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the pot and remove the cob and kombu (you can throw it away). Fluff the rice. Serve with butter or sesame oil.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.