Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe: This Easy Potato Casserole Recipe Is Everything You Love in a Baked Potato by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4 - 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted, boiling water until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and mash.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the butter, garlic powder, half and half, sour cream, half of the cheese, bacon and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in an ovenproof skillet. Spoon the mashed potato mixture into the skillet and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.