Rosemary Parmesan Skillet Bread Recipe: An Easy Rosemary Bread Recipe That Smells Like Nonna's Kitchen by 30Seconds Food
There's nothing quite like the smell of bread baking in the oven. The aromas from this easy rosemary Parmesan bread recipe will make you think you're in an Italian grandma's kitchen. This is one homemade bread recipe you don't want to lose.
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours (approximately)
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 packet instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the yeast and warm water in a bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour and stir to combine. Add the remaining flour, rosemary and salt. Mix until combined. Put the dough into a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Coat the bottom of a 10- to 12-inch cast iron skillet with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. With floured hands, shape the dough into a disk and put it into the skillet. Cover it again and let it rise another 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the dough. Make a large X in the top of the dough with a sharp knife.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and bake another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.