Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe: Make This Cozy Chicken & Mushroom Recipe ASAP by 30Seconds Food
"Super satisfying creamy chicken plus mushrooms needs to find a place on your menu ASAP, " says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "This is such a cozy meal on a cold winter's day."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (butterflied if thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour plus 1 tablespoons gluten-free flour for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or ghee (divided)
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, sliced if needed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped
- avocado oil
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper on both sides, Add the flour to a shallow dish. Lightly coat the chicken on all sides with flour. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the chicken in two separate batches and cook for 2 minutes until golden brown then flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter for the second batch. Transfer the chicken to a 13x9-inch baking pan that's been coated with avocado oil or preferred oil.
- In the same skillet add in the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more. In a small bowl whisk the broth together with 1 tablespoon of flour until there are no visible lumps. Pour this mixture into the skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring to remove any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or just until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $3 & Up
Low Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Avocado Oil $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.