Grandma's Moist Strawberry Cake Recipe Is a Southern Thing by 30Seconds Food
Strawberry cakes are a southern thing. It's most likely your grandma had a strawberry cake recipe in her arsenal if you grew up down south.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries
- 5 cups powdered sugar (or as needed)
- chopped fresh strawberries
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix, gelatin, sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the water, oil and eggs. Beat for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer. Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into two 8-inch round cake pans lined with parchment paper and sprayed with nonstick baking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy. Add the mashed strawberries. Slowly start adding the powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved (you may not need all the powdered sugar).
- Add a layer of the frosting on top of one of the cakes. Top with the second cake. Frost the entire cake. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8-inch Round Cake Pans $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
White Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Strawberry Gelatin $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.