Grandma's Creamy Brown Sugar Frosting Recipe: A Sweet, Grandma-Approved Cake Frosting Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Today, many of us tend to grab a tub of that premade cake frosting instead of making it from scratch like grandma did. This easy brown sugar cake frosting recipe is sweet, creamy and addictive. Use on cakes or cupcakes – and the leftovers are great on pancakes and waffles or dip cookies in it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 6 cups
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream (or as needed)
Here's how to make it:
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in about half of the powdered sugar and continue to mix.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until thick.
- Add the vanilla and half the heavy cream. Mix. Add the remaining cream, if needed, to reach desired consistency. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.