New Orleans Charbroiled Oysters Recipe: Cheesy Garlic Butter Grilled Oysters Recipe for Life by 30Seconds Food
Not only are oysters romantic on Valentine's Day, but we have Mardi Gras on the way! Here's an easy charbroiled oysters recipe from New Orleans that you will make for life. Delish! Serve them as a main dish or as an appetizer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 3 dozen
- 4 sticks butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 dozen oysters on the half shell
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano Reggiano
- chopped fresh parsley
- hot French bread, for serving
- lemon wedges, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Mix the butter, garlic, pepper and oregano together in a bowl.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Put the oysters on the grate. Spoon the butter mixture into the oysters (be generous!).
- Grill the oysters about 5 minutes or until the sides begin to curl up.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and parsley and cook about 30 more seconds or until cheese melts. Remove to a serving platter.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Outdoor Grills $30 & Up
Oyster Platters $10 & Up
Oyster Forks $9 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.