New Orleans Charbroiled Oysters Recipe: Cheesy Garlic Butter Grilled Oysters by 30Seconds Food
Not only are oysters romantic on Valentine's Day, but we have Mardi Gras time, too. Oysters are popular in Louisiana all the time, but people in other parts of the country may not eat these molluscs as often. Now is a great time to give oysters a try.
Oysters can be smoked, steamed, pan-fried, fried, grilled, baked, roasted and eaten raw. Here's an easy charbroiled oysters recipe from New Orleans that you will make for life. This easy oyster recipe is delish! A mixture of butter, garlic, black pepper and dried oregano is mixed together and spread on the opened oysters. The oysters are grilled over medium-high heat until they begin to curl up and the butter has melted. The oysters are then topped with Parmesan cheese and a little parsley. Done. Now time to devour them.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 3 dozen
- 4 sticks butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 dozen oysters on the half shell
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano Reggiano
- chopped fresh parsley
- hot French bread, for serving
- lemon wedges, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Mix the butter, garlic, pepper and oregano together in a bowl.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Put the oysters on the grate. Spoon the butter mixture into the oysters (be generous!).
- Grill the oysters about 5 minutes or until the sides begin to curl up.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and parsley and cook about 30 more seconds or until cheese melts. Remove to a serving platter.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.