Creamy Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe Is Exploding With Flavors by 30Seconds Food
Hungarian mushroom soup is a fabulous soup recipe flavored with dill, paprika, lemon and other strong flavors. Sour cream is stirred into the soup at the end, resulting in a creamy soup you won't be able to stop eating.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped fresh dill or parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in a large soup pot in the butter until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth wine, dill, thyme, paprika and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until it reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and flour until smooth. Whisk the mixture into the soup and cook about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the sour cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Dried Dill $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $2 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.