Hacked Chicken Recipe: This Aromatic Shredded Chicken Recipe Delivers on Taste by Sarah Amona
Hacked chicken is made by poaching chicken in an aromatic broth then shredding it into strips and adding soy sauce, peanut oil and sometimes sherry. Serve this easy hacked chicken recipe with vegetables or rice.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped ginger (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, white and green portions, sliced into very thin 4-inch lengths
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a pot in a single layer. Fill with cold water to cover chicken by 1 inch. Add garlic, half the ginger, salt and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Cover pot, pull off heat and let rest until warm, about 1 hour.
- Pull chicken out of poaching liquid, rinse and pat dry. Hack or shred into fine strips. Toss with sesame oil. Heap chicken onto a serving platter.
- Set a strainer over a small bowl. In a small saucepan, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions and remaining ginger. Cook, stirring, until bright and fragrant, 30 seconds. Pour through the strainer (do not discard!). Scatter ginger and green onions over the chicken.
- Return oil to the saucepan. Add remaining soy sauce and Splenda. Bring to a boil. Pour this sauce over chicken. Serve at room temperature.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.