Valentine's Day Cake Recipe: An Easy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe With Sweet Cherry Topping by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 23 to 26 minutes
Total Time: 28 to 31 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 square cake
- 1 2/3 cups dry yellow cake mix (from 1 box yellow cake mix)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or fresh cherry sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix, water, sour cream, melted butter and egg in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat together for about 2 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into an 8-inch or 9-inch square cake pan that's been greased and floured.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 23 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool a few minutes before inverting on a serving plate to cool completely.
- Right before serving, spoon the cherry pie filling over the top.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Square Cake Pans $8 & Up
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Cherry Pie Filling $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.