Easy Homemade Chocolate-Covered Cherries Recipe for Valentine's Day by 30Seconds Food
We think that special someone needs some homemade chocolate-covered cherries for Valentine's Day. This easy chocolate-covered cherries recipe has a sweet, solid filling, not a liquid center like some have. They are delicious!
To make these DIY chocolate-covered cherries, knead powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla together until it's smooth, then shape into 1-inch balls. The balls are then flattened into 2-inch circles. Pretty easy so far. The dough is wrapped around the cherry, leaving the stem exposed. Refrigerate the cherries for at least three hours before melting the chocolate until smooth. Hold the cherries by the stems and dip them into the hot, melted chocolate. Put the finished cherries on parchment paper to harden. Done!
To make them even more festive, you could sprinkle them with red, white and pink sprinkles. Put them into a pretty tin and go surprise your friends and family!
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 2 to 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Servings: Makes approximately 60
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 jars (8 ounces each) maraschino cherries with stems, drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla. Knead the mixture until smooth. Shape into 1-inch balls, then flatten into 2-inch circles.
- Wrap the dough circle around a cherry, leaving the stem exposed. Place on a baking sheet that's covered with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough and cherries. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
- Combine the chocolate and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Hold the stem of the cherries and dip into the chocolate, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Put back on the parchment paper and let sit until set.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Maraschino Cherries With Stems $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Shortening $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.