Easy Chocolate-Covered Cherries Recipe: Homemade Chocolate Cherries Recipe for Valentine's Day by 30Seconds Food
We think that special someone needs some homemade chocolate-covered cherries for Valentine's Day. This easy chocolate-covered cherries recipe has a sweet, solid filling, not a liquid center like some have. They are delicious!
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 2 - 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Servings: Makes approximately 60
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 jars (8 ounces each) maraschino cherries with stems, drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla. Knead the mixture until smooth. Shape into 1-inch balls, then flatten into 2-inch circles.
- Wrap the dough circle around a cherry, leaving the stem exposed. Place on a baking sheet that's covered with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough and cherries. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
- Combine the chocolate and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Hold the stem of the cherries and dip into the chocolate, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Put back on the parchment paper and let sit until set.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Maraschino Cherries With Stems $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Shortening $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.