Grandma's Favorite Old-fashioned Date Bread Loaf Recipe Is Super Moist by Donna John
My grandma could bake. She was best known for her pies and cakes, but could also make delicious breads and loaf cakes, like this super moist date bread loaf. This easy date bread loaf cake recipe is from her recipe box. It's definitely an old-fashioned recipe that has stood the test of time.
The easy loaf dessert bread is made with baking soda, hot water, dates, melted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, chopped nuts, flour and a pinch of salt. Bake the bread until cooked through, about one hour (ovens vary). You can add raisins or candied fruit into the batter before baking, too.
Serve this moist date loaf cake for dessert or a sweet snack any time of the day. Add a dollop of whipped cream for a little extra something.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 package (8 ounces) dates, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Dissolve the baking soda in water and pour over the dates.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
- Whisk together the flour and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 325 to 350-degree F oven (that's what the recipe says!) about 1 hour or until done.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.