Grandma's Favorite Old-fashioned Date Bread Loaf Recipe Is Super Moist by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 package (8 ounces) dates, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Dissolve the baking soda in water and pour over the dates.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
- Whisk together the flour and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 325 to 350-degree F oven (that's what the recipe says!) about 1 hour or until done.
Notes: You can add raisins or candied fruit.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Dates $3 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Chopped Nuts $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.