Grandma's A1 Chili Recipe: This Ground Beef Chili Recipe Is From Grandma's Recipe Box by Donna John
Taking out my grandma's recipe box that I got after she passed is comforting to me. I love looking through her recipes – some cut out from the newspaper, some handwritten on index cards – and seeing her writing and remembering the tastes of smells of her house.
Here's an easy recipe from her recipe box that's a little different than the fried chicken, chicken and dumplings and other comfort food recipes she was famous for. Serve this easy A1 ground beef chili recipe this weekend during the big game!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (14 ounces) peeled tomatoes, chopped and juice reserved
- 1/2 cup A1 Steak Sauce (or your favorite steak sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Here's how to make it:
- In a large soup pot, cook the ground beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic until the beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Add the chili powder and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and their juice, steak sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans. Cover and simmer 15 more minutes. Serve with desired chili toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Recipe Boxes $10 & Up
A1 Steak Sauce $3 & Up
Can Whole Tomatoes $2 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.