Wild Rice Salad Recipe With Crunchy Vegetables & Ramen Noodles: A Sweet & Savory Grain Salad Recipe by Melissa Vickers
This wild rice salad recipe is inspired by a visit to J. Alexander’s restaurant in Memphis, Tennessee. It has all the flavors and textures I like in a salad, and is one of those easy recipes you can adapt as you go based on what you have on hand.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 55 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice mix (I use Lundberg Wild Blend Gourmet Rice)
- 2 packages chicken-flavored ramen noodle, crushed into small pieces
- 1 package (8 ounces) broccoli slaw mix with carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook wild rice according to directions, adding one Ramen seasoning package to cooking water. Refrigerate when done.
- Mix broccoli slaw, cooled rice, carrots, celery, bell pepper, crushed ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and nuts, if using.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together. Pour over the salad and toss.
Note: If you have time to refrigerate the salad, hold off on adding the crushed noodles until just before serving and toss well so they are crisp and crunchy. Noodles will soften as they refrigerate, but it is still tasty that way!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wild Rice Blends $3 & Up
Lundberg Wild Blend Gourmet Rice $4 & Up
Dried Cranberries $3 & Up
Chicken Ramen Noodles $1 & Up
Sunflower Seeds $2 & Up
Chopped Nuts $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.