20-Minute San Bei Ji Recipe: Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken Recipe Is a Beloved Stir-fry Dish From China by 30Seconds Food
San Bei Ji originates in the Jiangxi province of southern China. This chicken stir-fry recipe is a favorite in Taiwan – probably the most popular and beloved dish. Serve this easy three cup chicken recipe with rice or noodles.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 1/3 cup Thai basil leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook until almost cooked through and browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce and wine. Stir, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the basil leaves and cook about 1 more minute.
Note: You could mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water to make a slurry to thicken the sauce if it's too thin for your liking.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Woks $15 & Up
Large Skillets With Lids $12 & Up
Shaoxing Wine $5 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Dark Soy Sauce $4 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.