Granny Smith's Old-Fashioned Banana Nut Bread Recipe: The Ultimate Moist Banana Bread Recipe by Erin Basford
As a child, my grandmother was a staple at our house each year during the Christmas holidays. Even while in her 80s, on Christmas Eve, she would enjoy a glass of wine while making her famous banana bread for us to enjoy. The wonderful aroma would fill the house, and each time I make this easy banana bread recipe it takes me back to that special time. I hope you enjoy this bread recipe as much as I have.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (I use Crisco shortening)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup nutmeats (I use chopped walnuts)
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine sugar, shortening, eggs, vanilla and bananas. Beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Slowly pour flour mixture into the banana mixture 1 cup at a time and beat until creamy.
- Add nutmeats.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 9x5-inch bread pan and bake in a 350-degree oven for 1 hour, or until done. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bread Pans $8 & Up
Vegetable Shortening $2 & Up
Crisco Vegetable Shortening $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Nuts $3 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.