20-Minute Deconstructed Beef Burrito Recipe Is a Dinner Winner by Donna John
Love burritos but don't want to stuff, wrap and roll? This easy ground beef burrito skillet recipe tastes just like a burrito without all the work.
This ground beef dinner cooks in one pan and is on the table in 20 minutes. It immediately earned its place in my recipe binder that's pretty hard to get in these days. Definitely a keeper for a quick dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning (I used Old El Paso taco seasoning)
- 1 cup salsa (I used Arriba Fire Roasted Salsa in medium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (divided)
- toppings: sour cream, chopped red onion, jalapenos, chopped fresh cilantro, guacamole, sliced avocado
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet until meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, salsa and green chiles. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Cut the flour tortillas into strips.
- Add the beans, tortilla strips and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese melts. You can serve immediately or pop it under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to melt the cheese and slightly brown the top. (I broiled mine, but it would be fine to skip this step.)
- Serve with desired toppings.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
We may occasionally reference products or brands in our content based on a contributor’s personal use or opinion. But 30Seconds is in no way affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties or guarantees about specific products mentioned in our content. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program, which means we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Old El Paso Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
Arriba Salsa $3 & Up
Black Beans $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.