Vietnamese Chicken Pho Recipe: A Skinny Chicken Soup Recipe With Asian Flavors by Sarah Amona
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 peeled wosun (also known as lettuce stem) or unpeeled zucchini, cut, sliced or “spiralized” into noodle-like strands (should yield 5 cups “noodles”)
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh red hot chili peppers, cut in half, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 medium green onion, trimmed and finely chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a large pot and season them with salt and pepper. Cover the chicken with water. Bring the water to a gentle boil. Once the liquid is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until the chicken done (internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Remove the chicken from water and let rest until cool enough to shred.
- In a large soup pot, bring the chicken broth and water to boil. Add the veggie “noodles” and bring to boil. Turn off the heat.
- Place the “noodles” at the bottom of a bowl and top with shredded chicken, sprouts and onion.
- Add the broth and sesame oil. Garnish with coriander, basil, peppers and scallion.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.