The Best Nacho Recipe: Flavorful Ground Beef & Homemade Cheese Sauce Is What Nacho Dreams Are Made Of by 30Seconds Food
Serve nachos at your family get-together or while tailgating and you will be a hero. This easy ground beef and black bean nacho recipe can be assembled right before serving (you don't want soggy tortilla chips!) or put all the ingredients into bowls and make a nacho bar. Keep the ground beef and cheese warm in a slow cooker.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Beans & Meat
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fire-roasted salsa or your favorite salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package taco seasoning (try this homemade taco seasoning recipe)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Here's how to make it:
- To make the ground beef and bean topping, cook the beef until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the black beans, salsa, water and taco seasoning. Cook until water has absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a saucepot. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Pour in the half and half and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until it thickens up, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese until melted over low heat. Add the chili powder. Remove from heat. (If cheese sauce is too thick, add a little more milk or half and half.)
- To assemble the nachos, put tortilla chips onto a serving platter or into individual bowls. Top with the cheese sauce, ground beef and bean mixture, and then desired nacho toppings. Serving immediately.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Black Beans $1 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Fire Roasted Salsa $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.