Grandma's Lettuce in Cream Recipe: An Old-fashioned Salad Recipe From Back in the Day by Donna John
Some interesting recipes can be found in our grandma's recipe boxes and cookbooks. This lettuce in cream recipe is one of them. This easy salad recipe may take you back to simpler times. If you want, add some chopped fresh herbs to the salad dressing for a fresh kick. We won't tell grandma.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 head lettuce, chopped small (Bibb, romaine, green leaf, etc.)
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Put desired amount of lettuce and onion into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss.
- In another bowl, whisk together the cream and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add the vinegar and continue whisking until it thickens a little.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve.
Note: If you don't use all the dressing, cover and store it in the refrigerator to use again.
Photo: I added some fresh dill and chives to the dressing.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Salad Bowls $7 & Up
Recipe Boxes $7 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Grandma Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.