Easy Orange Blueberry Scones Recipe With Sweet Orange Glaze: A Pastry Chef's Easy Scone Recipe by Gale Gand
Hot scones right out of the oven is how everyone should start their day. This easy blueberry orange scone recipe has a sweet orange glaze and is filled with tart blueberries. Delicious! Serve for breakfast, brunch or as a snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Servings: Makes 24 small scones or 13 large scones
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 orange, grated rind only
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut up and cold
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 2 - 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, place the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and grated orange rind and mix on low to combine.
- Add the cut up butter and mix until the pieces are pea sized.
- In a small bowl using a fork, combine the eggs and the sour cream. Add the mixture to the bowl and combine until moistened.
- Add the blueberries and mix briefly to fold them in.
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan leaving space in between each scone for it to expand during baking. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- To glaze them, combine the orange juice with the powdered sugar till well mixed and smooth. Spoon over cooled scones and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Stand Mixers $50 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.