A Chef's Easy Orange Blueberry Scones Recipe With Sweet Orange Glaze by Gale Gand
Hot scones right out of the oven is how everyone should start their day. This easy blueberry orange scone recipe has a sweet orange glaze and is filled with tart blueberries. Delicious!
Here's your shopping list for these orange blueberry scones: flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder, an orange, unsalted butter, eggs, sour cream, fresh blueberries, orange juice and powdered sugar. No crazy ingredients in this easy scone recipe! To make prep easier, use an ice cream scoop for form the scones before baking.
Serve these tender blueberry scones for breakfast, brunch or as a snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Servings: Makes 24 small scones or 13 large scones
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 orange, grated rind only
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut up and cold
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 2 - 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, place the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and grated orange rind and mix on low to combine.
- Add the cut up butter and mix until the pieces are pea sized.
- In a small bowl using a fork, combine the eggs and the sour cream. Add the mixture to the bowl and combine until moistened.
- Add the blueberries and mix briefly to fold them in.
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan leaving space in between each scone for it to expand during baking. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- To glaze them, combine the orange juice with the powdered sugar till well mixed and smooth. Spoon over cooled scones and serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Stand Mixers $50 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.