Chicken & Riced Cauliflower Dumplings Recipe: This Low-Carb Chicken & Dumplings Recipe Has All the Comfort Feels by Sarah Amona
Riced cauliflower dumplings bake (which keeps them from falling apart!) while the chicken soup simmers. This low-carb chicken and dumplings recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America has all of the comfort feels and flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream cheese
Here's how to make it:
- To make the dumplings, spread the riced cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 20 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool. Keep oven on at 400 degrees F and set baking sheet lined with parchment paper aside for later use.
- In a kitchen towel, squeeze the cauliflower to remove any excess moisture. Mix together the squeezed cauliflower with the egg and salt. Shape the cauliflower mix into eight little dumplings and place back on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- To prepare the chicken stew, combine the chicken, chicken stock and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a pot with a tight-closing lid. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 20 minutes until chicken is tender. Remove the chicken from the stock and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, asparagus and cream cheese to the stock, bring to a boil and simmer gently for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pull the chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to the sauce and heat through.
- To serve, place two dumplings into each bowl and top with an equal amount of stew, about 1 1/2 to 2 cups per bowl.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.