Cabbage-Wrapped Beef Potstickers Recipe: A Healthier Potsticker Recipe That's Not Lacking Flavor by Sarah Amona
Instead of using wonton or dumpling wrappers, this easy potsticker recipe is made with cabbage leaves. The ground beef filling is flavored with soy, sesame, garlic and ginger, then wrapped up snuggly in the parboiled cabbage leaves. Yum! This cabbage and beef potsticker recipe is a quick, light dinner or lunch or a fun appetizer served with sweet and sour sauce or plum sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 whole cabbage leaves
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Here's how to make it:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cabbage leaves. (Save remaining cabbage for another meal.) Boil for 2 minutes, until cabbage is crisp-tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer cooked cabbage to a plate of paper towels to drain.
- Prepare the pot sticker filling by combining beef, broccoli, chopped green onions, sesame oil, soy sauce, ground ginger and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Place a large nonstick pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Form the filling into thick oval patties about the shape and size of your thumb. Place the filling patties into the pan and cook about 4 minutes on each side, until cutting into one shows no pink throughout.
- Wrap the cooked patties in cabbage leaves and secure with toothpicks. You can eat now or brown them.
- Spray the same pan with nonstick cooking spray (or you could use a little oil). Cook the potstickers until lightly browned on both sides.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $4 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.