Easy Egg Foo Yung Recipe: This Simple Egg Foo Young Recipe Is a Tasty 20-Minute Meal by 30Seconds Food
Egg foo young (also spelled egg fooyung, egg foo yong, egg foo yung or egg fu yung) is a Chinese omelette recipe that's popular across China and in the U.S. This is a vegetarian egg foo yung recipe, but often you will find it made with chicken, pork or seafood. Egg foo young is typically served with rice and a gravy or sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 - 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- sesame oil, for cooking
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Add the onion, bean sprouts, celery, mushrooms, green onions and soy sauce.
- Heat about 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in about 1/2 cup of the mixture for each pancake. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more sesame oil as needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.