5-Ingredient Salsa Chicken Recipe: This Easy Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken Recipe Is so Versatile by Ann Marie Patitucci
Slow-cooker salsa chicken is a versatile, easy recipe perfect for busy families. There are countless ways to serve this dish, including kid-friendly options. I suggest serving the chicken over rice or using it in chicken tacos – these are my family favorites. You could also make quesadillas, taco salads and more.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (low) or 6 to 8 hours (high)
Total Time: 3 hours (low) or 6 to 8 hours (high)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, mild or medium depending on your preference
- 1/2 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese
- shredded lettuce
- additional taco toppings, as desired
Here's how to make it:
- Arrange chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/2 packet of taco seasoning.
- Pour salsa over seasoned chicken. Add drained and rinsed black beans. Stir salsa and beans until they’re combined and spread evenly over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken (I use two forks). Serve over rice or use shredded chicken to make tacos. Serve with lime wedges.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
Black Beans $2 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.