Whole Roasted Broccoli Recipe: A Delicious New Way to Serve Broccoli by Donna John
We love broccoli, but sometimes it can get boring making it the same ol' way. This easy whole roasted broccoli recipe really shook things up! It's a fun and easy way to present broccoli in a new way, and was inspired by my whole roasted cauliflower recipe.
Start by trimming the bottom stalk off of the broccoli crown so it sits flat in your baking dish. Drizzle it with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. At this point, you can use any seasoning you'd like. Dukkah, Greek seasoning, za'atar, turmeric salt or Italian seasoning would really spice things up. I seasoned mine with just salt and pepper and did add the Parmesan at the end. The broccoli is baked in the oven until tender. How fun is that?
Serve this baked broccoli recipe as a side dish for dinner. It goes well with chicken, pork, beef and seafood.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 1 large crown of broccoli
- olive oil (I used about 2 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper or seasoning of choice
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional (I used about 1 tablespoon but next time will add a little more)
Here's how to make it:
- Trim the bottom stalk of the broccoli crown so that it sits flat. Put it into a casserole dish (a round casserole dish works best).
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If using a seasoning, sprinkle it on now. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- If using Parmesan, sprinkle it on and bake a couple minutes to melt the cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.