Eye-Popping Penne Pasta Recipe With Spinach & Mushrooms in a Truffle Parmesan Cream Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Have you seen people's eyes pop when you say truffle? This penne pasta recipe with mushrooms and spinach may not have those expensive shaved truffles in it, but just a drop or two of truffle oil elevates this dish to eye popping. Remember, a little truffle oil goes a long way, so don't overdo it. Serve this creamy pasta recipe with a fresh salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 16 ounces penne, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 3 cups baby spinach leaves
Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- truffle oil, to taste (1 or 2 drops is usually enough)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are browned and softened, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in the spinach leaves until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream until smooth, then add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted. (If you want a thinner sauce, add more creamy.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the mushroom and spinach mixture. Add the pasta. Toss to coat. Add truffle oil, to taste. Serve with additional grated Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
Truffle Oil $12 & Up
Penne Pasta $1 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.