Pasta e Ceci Recipe: This One-Pot Pasta & Chickpeas Recipe May Have an Identity Crisis, But It's Delicious by 30Seconds Food
Pasta e Ceci, or pasta and chickpeas, is an Italian recipe that's fast, easy, vegan and comforting. While some consider it a pasta recipe, it is actually a thick soup. You can make the soup as thick or thin as you like by adding more vegetable broth or water. This easy one-pot soup recipe (or pasta recipe!) is on the table in less than 30 minutes. If you're not vegan, add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese when serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water (more, if needed)
- 8 ounces short pasta
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chickpeas, potato, tomato paste and rosemary. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until potato is tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat carefully puree about half the chickpeas with an immersion blender (you could also do this with a potato masher). Be sure to leave at least half of the chickpeas whole.
- Put the pot back on the heat, bring to a simmer and add the pasta. Simmer gently, stirring often, until pasta is tender. (If it gets too thick for your taste, add a little more vegetable broth or water.) Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Rosemary $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Short Pasta $1 & Up
Immersion Blenders $12 & Up
Potato Masher $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.