Tasty Charred Sirloin Steak Recipe With Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Sarah Amona
Juicy sirloin steaks are charred then drizzled with a simple horseradish sauce and served on top of spiralized zucchini or with your favorite vegetable. Delish! You could use any cut of steak you'd like and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. This sirloin steak recipe is a healthy dinner fast.
The sirloin steak is simply seasoned with salt and pepper before being cooked in a nonstick pan until charred and to your desired doneness. You can serve this steak dinner with any vegetable, but it's delicious on top of spiralized zucchini. If you want a little more flavoring on your steak, season with your favorite seasoning or try the combination below. So good!
If you don't go with spiralized zucchini with this steak, try broccolini, broccoli, yellow squash, carrots, peas, corn or spinach. This is a quick and delicious family dinner or weekend dinner for two.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steaks, trimmed and visible fat removed
- salt and pepper (if you would like to use a more complicated but flavorful mix of seasoning try this: 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder)
- 6 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 - 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 24 ounces spiralized zucchini with the skin
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or use a nonstick pan inside on the stove. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper or above spice mix. Place on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the steak is and the way you like your meat cooked.
- While meat is cooking, make the sauce by combining together the sour cream and horseradish. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin the mixture to make a sauce. Set aside when done.
- When the meat has finished cooking, let it rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes, then slice thin on the bias (45-degree angle across the grain). Serve drizzled with sauce.
- To make the zucchini, heat a dry pan. Right before you put in the noodles spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. (You could also add some fresh, minced garlic.)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.