Honey Coconut Raspberry Oat Bars Recipe: Satisfy That Sweet Tooth With a Little Nutrition Included by Melissa Vickers
My 94-year-old father-in-law will eat sweets all day long if they are available. I wanted a dessert recipe to satisfy his sweet tooth with a little more nutrition than cookies, cakes and candy, so I experimented with traditional oat bar recipes. I added some ingredients to up the nutrition a bit, and threw in chocolate and butterscotch chips just because. Mmm!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 30 bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (10 ounces) raspberry jam (I used Simply Fruit Raspberry Jam)
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine oats, flours, coconut and brown sugar.
- Stir together butter, honey and water over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Add butter mixture to crust. Mix well. Press half into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Spread jam over this layer.
- Add rest of crust on top of jam.
- Sprinkle top with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and set. Cool before cutting.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.