Grilled Halibut Recipe With Garlic Cilantro Sauce: A Healthy, Easy, Moist Fish Recipe by Sarah Amona
Halibut filets are bathed in a zesty lime, cilantro and garlic sauce then grilled to perfection. Serve this easy grilled fish recipe with steamed or roasted vegetables and a salad. It would be delicious served over quinoa!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 3/4 pounds halibut filets or steaks
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (from 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh cilantro (or more, I used about 1/4 cup)
Here's how to make it:
- Sauté garlic in a small amount of olive oil for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and lime zest and simmer about 10 minutes, until stock is slightly reduced. Stir in lime juice and olive oil and heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro and cook 1 minute more.
- Brush fish on both sides with sauce and let marinate 15 minutes while you preheat a gas grill or charcoal grill to high heat. (For fish, I spray my grill with nonstick spray before I start heating it.) Grill fish until firm, but not hard, to the touch, about 5 minutes per side. To get nice grill marks, lay fish on a diagonal to grill slats, then rotate after about 3 minutes cooking time on the first side. Serve fish hot with additional sauce spooned over each piece of fish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.