Butterscotch Seven Layer Bars Recipe: An Old-fashioned Cookie Recipe That Doesn't Require a Bowl by Melissa Vickers
Butterscotch! These creamy, buttery chips can be added to just about anything that calls for chocolate chips – the combination is mighty tasty eating. My mother-in-law shared this easy, delicious dessert recipe 40 plus years ago and I've made multiple batches every year since.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 30 bars
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 bag (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and melt the butter in a 13x9-inch baking pan while it preheats.
- Add the layers in the order listed above. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Butterscotch Chips $3 & Up
Shredded Coconut $2 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Dark Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.