Butterscotch Seven Layer Bars Recipe: An Old-fashioned Cookie Recipe That Doesn't Require a Bowl by Melissa Vickers
Butterscotch! These creamy, buttery chips can be added to just about anything that calls for chocolate chips – the combination is mighty tasty eating. My mother-in-law shared this easy, delicious dessert recipe 40 plus years ago and I've made multiple batches every year since.
Quick and easy to make, this easy seven-layer bar recipe requires only a 9x13-inch baking pan – no mixing bowls or even spoons to mess up!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 30 bars
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 bag (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and melt the butter in a 13x9-inch baking pan while it preheats.
- Add the layers in the order listed above. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Butterscotch Chips $3 & Up
Shredded Coconut $2 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Dark Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.