Skinny Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups Recipe: A Healthy Dinner With Mexican Flavors by Sarah Amona
A tri-color of healthy bell peppers are wrapped inside juicy marinated chicken breast. Yum! With simple, healthy ingredients and minimal olive oil, this is one skinny recipe to add to your dinner rotation for the new year.
Use whatever color bell peppers you prefer. I like a combination or red, yellow and green bell peppers. Serve this easy baked chicken fajita roll-ups recipe with cilantro lime rice or Spanish rice, refried beans and guacamole. If you're watching your calories, just add a simple salad on the side.
Prep Time: 1 hour to overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
- For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets then skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into two even slices. Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour to overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated, evenly place six bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.