3-Ingredient Fried Chicken Recipe: Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe That's Simple & Family Pleasin' by 30Seconds Food
While we probably all love that chicken with a million herbs and spices, sometimes simple is best. This easy fried chicken recipe has three ingredients, is simple to make and tastes fantastic. Serve with french fries or mashed potatoes and a fresh garden salad or cole slaw. Perfect!
Prep Time: 2 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 20 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 cup flour (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before cooking.
- When ready to cook, put the flour and garlic powder in a bag or large bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep skillet to about 350 degrees F. Put the chicken pieces into the flour and shake to coat. Put the chicken into the hot oil skin side down.
- Cook until the chicken is browned and crispy on the first side, about 10 minutes. (Watch the oil so it doesn't get too hot.) Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until cooked through (internal temperature 165 degrees F). Remove to a wire rack or paper towels to drain.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.