3-Ingredient Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe: You Don't Need a 11 Herbs & Spices by 30Seconds Food
While we probably all love that fried chicken with a million herbs and spices, sometimes simple is best. This crispy fried chicken recipe has three ingredients, is easy to make and tastes fantastic.
The chicken is seasoned with salt and pepper and then refrigerated for at least two hours before cooking. Flour and garlic powdered are combined in a large bag or bowl. Heat some vegetable oil to about 350 degrees F in a deep skillet, then shake that chicken in the seasoned flour. The chicken is fried until crispy, golden brown and cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature). Easy!
Serve this three-ingredient fried chicken recipe with french fries or mashed potatoes and a fresh garden salad or cole slaw. Perfect. And don't forget the cheddar bay biscuits!
Prep Time: 2 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 20 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 cup flour (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before cooking.
- When ready to cook, put the flour and garlic powder in a bag or large bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep skillet to about 350 degrees F. Put the chicken pieces into the flour and shake to coat. Put the chicken into the hot oil skin side down.
- Cook until the chicken is browned and crispy on the first side, about 10 minutes. (Watch the oil so it doesn't get too hot.) Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until cooked through (internal temperature 165 degrees F). Remove to a wire rack or paper towels to drain.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Deep Skillets $10 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.