Spicy Moroccan Meatballs Recipe: This Easy Meatball Recipe Is an Ultra-Satisfying, Cozy Meal by 30Seconds Food
"These Moroccan-style meatballs are a level above! So so much flavor happening here! Garlic, fresh herbs and lots of spices all come together to create an ultra-satisfying and cozy meal. Definitely double up this recipe so you have some for meal-prepped lunches for a few days. They stay great in the fridge for up to four days and reheat very well," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef, bison, chicken or turkey
- 1 large shallot, grated fine (or to taste)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- approximately 1/4 cup (or to taste) fresh cilantro leaves, stems mostly removed, finely chopped (divided)
- approximately 1/4 cup (or to taste) fresh parsley leaves, stems removed, finely chopped (divided)
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread, toasted well, cooled and crumbled into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or pure maple syrup
- cooked quinoa, for serving
- plain Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt, for serving
- freshly chopped herbs, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the ground meat, shallot, half of the minced garlic, half of the chopped herbs, the egg and crumbled bread. Mix well. Form into 1 tablespoon meatballs. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and fry the meatballs until golden browned on all sides. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and sauté the remaining garlic together with the cumin, ginger and paprika for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, honey and the remaining chopped herbs. Reduce the heat to a low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet and continue to simmer until meatballs are cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes. Serve over quinoa.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.