Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe: Garlicky, Herby, Creamy & Cheesy Baked Mushrooms Recipe by Danielle Caminiti
Who doesn’t love stuffed mushrooms? Baby bella mushrooms stuffed with mouth-watering garlicky, herby breadcrumbs and plenty of cheese. These are a staple when we’re home for the holidays (although they do travel really well) and just about any time we have a crowd to entertain. The beautiful thing is that you can prep and stuff them ahead of time and bake them when you need them.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, and more for serving
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, and extra for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with brushed olive oil. Carefully remove stems from mushrooms and roughly chop the stems. Place the mushroom caps on the baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, adding chopped mushroom stems and sauté for a few minutes until all the moisture is dissolved. Fold in the garlic and cook until fragrant, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add the breadcrumbs and let toast slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mushroom stem mixture, the mayonnaise (or cream cheese), parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fill the mushroom caps with filling and sprinkle with extra freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Bake until the mushrooms are soft and the tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.